So today is my first official day in training for AmeriCorps*NCCC! Yesterday we did all of our in-processing, got our uniforms, met the roomies, and moved in. My room mates are really nice, they're both 18 and just graduated high school, Shelby is from Dallas, TX and Kate is from DeBuque, Iowa. The campus is beauuuuutiful! There are palm trees all around and the sunset is amazing.. like nothing in New York. Even though I'll miss fall and the leaves changing colors I think I could get used to this, too.
This morning we woke up at 5:45 for a 6am breakfast, then we assembled in our pods..our temporary teams.. at 7:30 to debrief about the day. After that, we went into the main room that we eat in for a seminar thing about rules and regulations and safety around the campus. Later on in the day we had more meetings to fill out piles of health forms and such.. fun! Dinner was great, chinese-ish food catered by a cafe located right behind the campus. The best part was that we didn't have to cook it ourselves! After dinner a whole bunch of people piled into the rooms with tvs to watch the presidential debate... oh man are there a lot of Obama Mamas (and papas) here. Chris would love it.. not. haha
I think tonight is going to be another early night, it's already 11:15pm at home so I'm getting sleepy! Tomorrow we have mooore fun training!
Love, California
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment